5 August 2014

Fiona's Birthday Card

I am always looking for original ideas for birthday cards, while I like a basic folded card it is nice to have a change every now again, so when I found this card that folds flat for posting and then stands up like a flower pot I had to try it. Luckily it was my best friend's birthday coming up so I had the perfect opportunity to use it!

 The box prior to construction

 Lots of stamped flowers

 The finished product!

First I folded, cut and scored my card stock to make the box/pot.  Next I added patterned paper to each side of my box/pot. Then I stamped the flowers, using two floral stamp sets from Stampin' Up. I used co-ordinating coloured ink to the card stock, this is a technique I really like, I think it looks really effective! The flowers were finished off by adding bling to the centres, as my mum would say if in doubt add bling or glitter! I put the flowers on 'stalks' and stuck them on to tabs that I had stuck in the box. I hope you all like the final product.

I love the fact that this folds flat for posting, otherwise I think it would be very difficult to send to anyone that does not live close by.

Soon I will post an alternative form of this card that I made for the June OHS 'Somethign Blue' challenge.

Thanks for reading,

- Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment