30 September 2014

Autumn

Being at the beginning of autumn I suppose it is no surprise that several blogs out there have Autumn themed challenges this month (I am rather late this month in getting entries for these completed!). I love everything about Autumn, I think it may actually be my favourite time of the year (and no not just because I was an October baby!), the chill in the air that isn't too cold like it can be in the winter, the autumn foliage and autumn walks in my wellies (read - intended walks which end up with me consuming my body weight in blackberries) kicking up the leaves. The challenge theme was at the forefront of my mind the entire time I was planning and then producing these projects, I hope you agree that they are definitely autumnal, even if you don't like them.


Card 1

The idea for this card popped into my head when I was trying to sleep (as most of my crafty ideas seem to do, sometimes it actually gets too much and I head downstairs to craft, fortunately this was not one of those times!). The concept is fairly simple leaves (by Oakhouse Studio) stamped in the same colour as the card stock they were stamped on to and then the edges were inked. I inked the green card stock before sticking it to my card. It was always my intention that ribbon would run along the bottom of the card but I spent forever deliberating on which ribbon, the colours of anything I attached to the ribbon etc etc. Below is part of the thought process I went through;



Once again I was not happy to just leave my envelope plain I needed to make it just a little bit different, keeping it simple I stamped a row of leaves in the colours I had used on the card. This card was much admired by those in this house, to the extent that it was asked if I had any plans for it and when I said that I did not it was immediately snapped up by Tom's mum for her friends birthday :)



Card 2

A simple principle, but (at least I think) a fairly effective end product. I masked the centre of the plain scalloped card off using a sticky all over post it (available in W H Smiths) which I punched a circle out with my amazing fiskars circle squeeze punch! I then proceeded to stamp my leaves, lightest to darkest (Saffron Archival, Orange Blossom Archival, Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Up and a Brilliance tear drop in Coffee Bean). Next I removed the mask and stamped my sentiment (which as you can tell only just fitted, though for the sake of positivity let's say it was a perfect fit)! The finishing touch was to colour the flower and leaves of my sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and OHS Spring Green using a fine paint brush. As you can see I couldn't resist decorating my envelope a little :)

Well I didn't get around to completing a 3rd project in time, I guess this month has all just been a bit too much for me, I may blog the one I am working on at a later date anyway, I hope you all like the two I have managed to produce anyway :) Apologies for any ramblings, typos, inaccuracies or mistakes, this blogger is the tiredist (I know it's not a word, but for now forgive me) she has been in quite some time!!!

I would like to enter all of three of my autumn projects in the Oakhouse Studio's  'Autumnal Colours' Challenge. I would also like to enter Card 1 in the Inspiration Emporium 'Fall is in the Air' Challenge.

Thanks all for reading as always,

- Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. A lovely couple of cards, Rebecca. I like how you've stamped in the same colour as the cardstock - looks very effective. Those sticky all over Post its sound useful. I think I make have to pay a visit to W H Smiths soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz and thanks for following my blog, I think I may be starting to get there with it now :)

      Delete
  2. I love the fall colors you've used in your card Rebecca! Thank you for sharing it with us at Inspiration Emporium this month! =)

    ReplyDelete