24 September 2014

Can you guess what it is?

My friend Zana was sent this link and thought of me, as soon as I saw it I loved the idea and decided to give it a go, fortunately between us Zana and I managed to get together all the tools necessary (or compromises, we can't always afford or have the space to buy the exact things needed for every project we like) and I was able to give it a go at my local crop. I am going to try to let the pictures talk as much as possible as this needs to be a quick blog post, too much to do, too little time, why does everything always need doing at once?!


The organised crafter inside me always likes to get all my elements together before piecing the whole project together (I know this isn't always possible but I am always a lot happier in myself when it is!) The tan card stock was edged in Sepia archival ink and the pink elements were edged in Dusky pink by Oakhouse Studio. Can you tell what it is yet? (N.B. I actually ended up using 5 pieces of the tan card stock, to make it easier to secure the hearts in place as the heart punch I have is smaller than the one used in the original design).


Once I had gathered all the elements (which I believe takes the most time in any project), it was time to piece them all together.


It's a cute little owl!


Back, Head and Front

The banner the owl is holding is from a Stampin' Up set (Banner Blast) and was stamped in Dusky pink by Oakhouse Studio before being punched out with the co-ordinating banner punch.


Left: the completed card with a little friend to stick inside (made using the Stampin' Up Owl punch using the same papers as were used on the main card). Right: the inside of the card.


Sleepy Owl (not sad owl as both Tom and his mum thought), next time I shall try something else with the eyes.

Thanks for reading my blog, I really enjoyed making this card and all credit for the inspiration and design goes to Bronwyn Eastley of Addinktive Designs, who in turn got the idea from Sharnee Torrents of Alarnee Creations, that's all for now folks, please come back to read more soon,

- Rebecca


2 comments:

  1. WOW, I love this! What a great idea for making an Owl card! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, it took a while but I am very happy with the result. I'm giving it to my little cousin for her first birthday next month, I think she might be a bit young to appreciate it but I hope her mum will love it!

      Delete