8 December 2014

November 'Winter' Challenge at Oakhouse Studio

Every month Lynnda of Oakhouse Studio (HERE) creates another challenge for the members of the Inkspired group on Facebook, the winner receives a voucher to spend on some of the lovely goodies in the shop :) and every month I try to do at least one entry (you can submit a maximum of 3 entries), here are my entries for the November challenge, the theme of which is Winter.

Entry 1:



This card took forever and a day, and there is not a single iota of exaggeration in saying that!!! The flowers and holly leaves are actually the Oakhouse Studio large christmas corner, stamped and embossed with their super fine detail gold embossing powder, coloured with distress inks (Barn Door and Pine Needles) before being very delicately cut out. I played with the arrangement of the flowers and the exact number of leaves for over an hour before I was finally satisfied. The finishing touch was to stamp in gold with a Woodware Merry Christmas sentiment in the centre of my wreath.

Entry 2:



I am slightly disappointed with how this card has photographed, it does not do the glittered snowflakes justice in any way, shape or form. I stamped, using a glue ink pad, various snowflakes from the Oakhouse Studio collection all over my card before adding a pinky blue tinged glitter to them all, that part turned out well (it is only my poor photography that lets this card down!). It was a couple of weeks before I decided how to finbish off this card (I'd had the inspiration for the background and had to make it straight away before loosing my crafty mojo entirely, at the wrong time of year for sure!). You may recognise these tress from the gift tags and price tags in my previous post, I had some spares made up laying on my desk and realised that this could be the way forward with this card. The middle tree has been trimmed (to be smaller than the other trees) so it appears to be further in the background. Finally I stamped Merry Christmas inside the card, in the same green as the trees.

Thanks for reading, sorry for slowing down with the frequency of posts, life is frantic, 2 and a half weeks until Christmas and still so much to do in the house :(

- Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment